Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The State of Our Nigeria. Cont.......

Sometimes ago, I wrote about my short visit to Nigeria to bury my dear mother. What I saw made me sad. Meanwhile, what I saw and the conversations I had brought compassion into my heart much more than never before. I saw the state of our roads, the states of our electricity, the state of our hospitals and so on. They are all in the state of anomy; yet we have a government which president spend billions of Naira on food annually. My people, Nigeria is rather retrogressing. I remember that I promised to shed more lights on the situation at home during that short visit. I was amazed to see that people still survive in situations like that. I recall driving along Sabo market at Ile Ife, Agric Market at Ikorodu, Ketu and Mile 12 markets in Lagos. One thing is common to all of these markets. I saw what looked like carcass surrounded by people talking loudly with money in their hands, prepared to buy meat/fish upon which were millions of flies hovering and singing their usual unsanitary hymns. When you think of life expectancy in Nigeria. It is 52.05 years compared to 61.45 years in our neighborhood country (Ghana). Meanwhile, we are builders of our own present and architects of out future. Before I rest my fingers, I need suggestions on those things we need to do differently and how to proceed from our poor state of sanitation. Meanwhile, please check this link before you proceed to be continued.........

No comments:

Post a Comment