Sunday, August 26, 2012

The State of Our Nigeria

I visited Nigeria briefly last week. It was a brief journey of 7 days. What I saw gave me a great concern as I went with the opinion that Nigeria and  Nigerians have changed. Those I have met in the diaspora have made me developed this pseudo-idea that Nigeria has changed for better and that condition of living has improved. But alas, what I saw betrayed my thinking and I felt really bad for what is going on in the country.
Meanwhile, I need to point out that I'm in no way close to the seat of power. Those who do we know. Some of the guys we've met here are one way or the other connected to where influence is. Unfortunately, the same set of individuals continue to tell us how good nigeria has become. They make us believe that things have changed and never what it used to be. They are right. Nigeria is not what it used to be only that it is in the opposite. We are retrogresing despite democracy. I actually wished we are still under millitary rule when we know who we are suffering from. Today we are suffering at the hands of our politicians yet we cannot really pinpoint them out.
In the next weeks, i will be sharing my encounters with you. Make sure you keep fit.
See ya!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Ekabo o!
    I am glad you went to see things by yourself.
    It is the decaying of the nation that makes Nigerians to be desperate to GET OUT to another man's country.
    We all want the COMFORT of life, not necessary LUXURIOUS.
    Is it too much to ask for constant electricity? Good roads and clean water?
    Our politicians are getting fatter in their pockets everyday that their 4th generation will not lack money, when this present generation is dying out of hunger, sickness and frustration!

    Once again, welcome back, i wait to hear the other gist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nigeria..our Nigeria!

    Waiting to read your encounters...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nigeria can only be likened to a junk yard. Starting from our roads, i could not see a single road comparable to what we have at the other side of the atlantic. I tell you, Nigerians need to wake up to these politicians. They come here to flex their ego while people suffer at home. They live in Abuja while their electorates live in junk yard. There's virtually noone

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is virtually no one who could tell where the future stands. No security of life or property. If you start a business, there is no assurance of success. And all you can see written boldly on people's faces is FRUSTRATION, FEAR AND TIMIDITY TO ENDEAR. Meanwhile, Nigerians are not lazy. They just need condusive environment to practice. I believe it is the duty of those in power to create the good road, good transportation system, good electrical system and good security apparatus for us. I'm saddened by our condition.

    ReplyDelete